Thursday 9 April 2009

Isolation

Now there is nothing wrong with being isolated. In fact it has been the most expanding, self-teaching, biggest learning experience of my life so far. So much has been allowed to freely change and grow in the place which I currently inhabit but it has reached its natural end. It is time to move into a town where the community lives and begin sharing the footpaths again.

I will have lived in what some could genuinely call 'isolation' for a year. That's enough time. I had the opportunity to grow food in a huge garden but it passed me by. The neighbours love to hear me playing piano, they are friendly (the 6 neighbours that there are) and it's been a wonderful time.

When I leave work, or a friends, or a gig and drive up the road to come home, when i am driving from civilisation into a village that probably only has a few hundred inhabitants, up the quiet empty track to the quiet cottage... it feels like i've just run away from everything. It feels like I am a million miles away from family, friends and loved ones. Of course this is an illusion as I am always in constant cuddle distance of my loving, wonderful lady... but sometimes we all need different interactions with different people. I know she feels the same too. We're going to be a family soon and it is my belief that the closer we are to more people, the better it will be for everybody.

I am a social person. I love interaction. It's time to interact now :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment