Thursday 19 March 2009

Feeling and BEING music

I had a rehearsal last night with my band SAY. Sometimes there are feelings that just cannot be explained and last night created such an immense and uplifting feeling, that it has left me positively buzzing with energy. The smile on my face is constant enough without it being enhanced by a ridiculously amazing rehearsal. It felt as though everything suddenly came together... even though it has come together before, something gelled it this time. No proper PA to speak of, borrowed amps, not enough leads or microphones yet STILL despite all of that- we managed to play some music that would make The Beatles boogie on their clouds.

I feel such an enormous sense of pride and joy about SAY which is both musically revolutionary and wonderfully comfortable to be a part of. The people in it I love so much (something i was initially scared of due to my past experience of friendships) and could not imagine the world without them. Rob, Maria, Karl and George are some of the most beautiful and awesome people this world has ever seen and I feel privileged and eternally grateful for their presence in my life- even if the band didn't exist... but it does!! Which makes it all the more special to me.

I still feel encompassed by the feeling and belief that one day we will be performing on another planet... maybe it's going to be another dimension...

0 comments:

Post a Comment